Fast, easy blender pancakes that you can make on a weekday morning and they’re gluten-free, too!
Oh my gosh! These pancakes are so fast and easy. It literally takes 5 minutes to prepare the batter and another 10 minutes to cook. You can have amazing gluten-free pancakes on a weekday morning! I am always looking for ways to make things we all like to eat gluten-free for my DIL who is very sensitive to gluten. I love when I can offer her something that isn’t a compromise, but actually yummy and preferred! The best part, as with any pancake, is that you can add anything your heart desires to make them your own, or you can just eat them plain! They are great for babies, too. My 8-month old grandson loves them plain. And they are soft and easy for him to gum and swallow. They are low sugar and have a decent amount of protein.
I added fresh blueberries here because that’s my hubby’s favorite, but some other suggestions are apples, raspberries, pecans, walnuts, lemon puree, orange zest, even chocolate chips! The list is endless. What is your favorite flavor to add to pancakes?
[Nutrition facts do not include toppings or syrup.]
Easy Oat and Almond Pancakes (gluten-free)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup almond milk or whatever milk you like
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest optional
- 1/2 cup blueberries optional
- Place oats and almond flour in blender and process briefly. Pour into bowl.
- Add all ingredients, except blueberries, to blender. It's best to add the wet ingredients first, then add the flours you blended in the 1st step. Blend until smooth. Stir and add more milk or water if needed for desired consistency.
- Pour into bowl and add blueberries or other additions.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle and add small amount of neutral oil. When hot, use a ladel to pour about 1/4 cup of batter into skillet per pancake. Turn heat down to medium. When browned flip over and brown on other side making sure the middles are cooked.. Remove to a warm plate or one that is warming in a very low oven to keep warm while finshing pancakes.
- Serve with additonal blueberries or other fresh fruit and some warmed maple syrup.