Ahhhh, June is here! It’s officially the summer season for most of us here in the northern hemisphere and all the fresh fruits and vegetables will be spilling over on us in the next few months! I can’t wait to bring you fresh, healthy summer recipes using all that amazing bounty!
Here in southern Arizona, summer comes early and stays late so we have a long way to go! One example is my Desert Gold peach tree! I planted it 2.5 years ago and our first real crop of peaches was ready just in time for Memorial Day! Let me tell you, these were the best peaches I have ever eaten! I’ve never had peaches, just picked, off the tree before and the smell, the texture, the taste was all what I was hoping for! We ended up with 15 peaches this year, but I’m hoping for twice as many next year!
Peaches and Cream (Vegan)
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in cool water for an hour
- 1/2 cup nut milk I used coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup can use sugar, agave, or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 6 medium fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans can toast them if you like
- Combine soaked cashews, nut milk, maple syrup, cinnamon and mint in a high-powered blender and blend until very smooth. You may need to scrape down contents of blender once or twice. Add more nut milk, if needed, to get cream to your desired consistency. Chill, if desired.
- Chop peaches (or whatever fruit you desire) and place into 6 bowls.
- Top your peaches with 3 tablespoons cream, some fresh mint and some chopped pecans.
- Feel free to use any type of non-dairy milk or cream that you prefer. You just may need to adjust the amount depending on the thickness of your liquid. I used coconut milk with a touch of almond milk.
- As far as sweetening goes, you can use your favorite sweetener; raw sugar, agave syrup, coconut sugar, or honey. I like the maple floavor so used maple syrup.
- Adjust the sweetness to taste. I prefer things less sweet, so I only used a heaping tablespoon of maple syrup. Feel free to add more or less if you like.