Veggie Donuts or Muffins
Healthy snacks for babies and toddlers that are easy to make, store, and transport and kids love them. These donuts/muffins are full of healthy ingredients, freeze well and are very transportable.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Cooling time10 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 8 donuts
- 5 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 cup steamed vegetables I used spinach for one batch and pumpkin for another batch
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ripe banana roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal heaping
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (177 C). Lightly grease donut or muffin pan with butter, coconut oil or other oil or spray.
Blend oats in the blender briefly, then remove to a bowl.
Add all wet ingredients (veggies, eggs and banana) into blender and blend a few seconds.
Then add remaining ingredients (including blended oats) and blend until smooth.
Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Be sure to check on them after about 15 minutes. Muffins may take a bit longer than donuts. Be sure to test with a toothpick or butter knife. If it comes out clean, they are done.
- Be sure to steam veggies till soft and measure after steaming.
- Batter should be the consistency of pancake batter. If batter seems too thin, add a bit more oats or flour.
- I found that these can come out pretty soft, so you may want to be sure you bake them till completely done.