Simple Stress-free Cranberry Sauce
Take some of the stress out of Thanksgiving with this simple, quick, delicious cranberry sauce that you can make way ahead or last minute!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 12 3 tablespoon servings
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries 1 package - can use frozen
- 1/2 cup sugar or equivalent sweetener
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 strips orange zest
- 2 teaspoons orange zest finely grated
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom optional
- 1 cup fresh blueberries totally optional
Combine all ingredients (except blueberries, if using) in a medium saucepan. Bring to a
boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring frequently, until berries are completely broken down and achieve a jam-like consistency, about 10 minutes total.
Remove from heat, remove the 2 orange zest strips and stir in the blueberries. Allow to cool.
Cranberry sauce can be served immediately or stored in the refrigerator for several weeks. You can also freeze for several months.